As the Springboks take on England tomorrow in the highly anticipated Rugby World Cup final, braais are surely going to be the order of the day. Chef Gary conceptualised this unique take on the traditional boerie roll for the Get It Magazine, and we’d love you to try it out!
PS – Check out his other braai treats, shared with Get It, here.
Boerewors Koftas with Minted Hummus Yoghurt
Simbithi Country Club Executive Chef – Gary Opperman
– 6 long stems of rosemary, stripped of two thirds of their leaves
– ½ cup plain yoghurt
– ½ cup hummus
– 1 tbsp chopped fresh mint, plus extra to garnish
– Black pepper
– 6 x hot dog rolls
1) Remove the boerewors meat from its casing and place in a bowl. Mix in the garlic and cumin.
2) Mould some of the boerewors meat into a sausage shape around the stripped part of each rosemary stem.
3) Braai the boerewors koftas over medium coals until cooked.
4) To make the minted hummus yoghurt, mix the yoghurt, hummus and mint together and season with black pepper.
5) Place a kofta in each hot dog roll, dress with some of the minted hummus yoghurt and sprinkle with more chopped mint.
6) Serve immediately
PHOTO: Chris Allan Photography – Get It Magazine Ballito.Umhlanga